Chewy, melty, and perfect with milk, coffee or by itself! These chocolate chip cookies are just over 5 carbs per 1 cookie (5.3 net carbs, 120 kcal, and 9 grams of fat). These are vegan too (for my plant based babes)!
It’s the holidays! Family, fun, and indulgence is in full swing. John Legend’s Christmas album is playing and I’m eating, drinking, and being merry! This is great and all but while many of us are praying for peace in the world or maybe some Apple earbuds, a whole lot of us are also praying we don’t pack on an extra layer. The gym rats will say something like, “Oh my gosh, don’t worry about that. Moderation blah blah blah… just enjoy the holidays and eat to your hearts content.” Ummm sure…pffft. Ha!
We shouldn’t be consumed in overthinking our food choices, especially now during a time of year when gratitude and having peace within is highlighted. Still, many of us for various health goals and diet needs want to partake in some sweet foodie indulgence without feeling derailed from our those goals. So I wanted a cookie that I could share with Carol in break room, bring to a Friendsgiving, or maybe just to Netflix at home and convince my husband that my keto cookie hack is the real deal! Boom! These cookies are hubby approved in my house so this is the cookie that makes the cut. Oh and here goes the annoying but reassuring sentence for my allergic to everything health nuts:
“These cookies are damn delicious, hubby approved, kid approved, keto, paleo, low-carb, vegan, gluten-free, diabetic friendly and all the rest of that “mas putó” stuff us foodies laugh and mock about.”
NOTE: This recipe uses almond flour so take this into consideration if you have any nut allergies or those you serve these to.
Ingredients (yields 16 cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup keto chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp keto maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple sauce (“unsweetened” or “no sugar added”)
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract (I prefer almond but any flavor you want to try is good also)
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- Line a baking pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium to large mixing bowl. Making sure to mix well because sometimes the coconut flour will clump just a little bit.
- In a separate small bowl, mix all the wet/liquid ingredients. Mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Pour the wet mix into the bowl of dry mix and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop 12-16 cookie dough balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the dough/balls a little tiny bit.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until edges are a nice golden baked. Time will vary depending on your oven so I would start checking them at 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Lift them carefully while still on the parchment paper and onto to a cooling rack or counter top to cool for 15 minutes.
- Eat, enjoy, let go of any guilt and self loathing! =)
See helpful photos of the instruction steps below!